On November 1, 1905, there was a merger of the Tonopah Railroad and Goldfield Railroad that became the Tonopah and Goldfield Railroad. The Tonopah and Goldfield Railroad built railroad shops and a terminal near Aluminum and Fourth Streets, in May of 1910. The T & G operated until October of 1947, and had a life span of 44 years. The Las Vegas & Tonopah Railroad was built in 1906 & 1907, from Las Vegas to Tonopah, and had stops in Beatty, Bullfrog, Rhyolite, and Goldfield. The LV & T ran for 14 years, until October 31. 1918, when the Nevada Department of Highways purchased the railroad right-of-way for Highway 95.
The Tonopah & Tidewater Railroad was built starting in November 1905, and completed October 30. 1907. It ran from Ludlow, California northward via Death Valley Junction to Gold Center, just two miles south of Beatty, and then northward on the Bullfrog Goldfield Railroad. The T & T Railroad ran until June 14. 1940, a span of 33 years. The Bullfrog Goldfield Railroad was constructed starting in May 1906, probably starting at Milltown in the Goldfield Mining District, at the terminal of the T & G tracks, and was completed southward to Beatty by April 1907.
The Bullfrog Goldfield freight depot and maintenance building was situated at Fifth Avenue and Pearl Street across from the Santa Fe Saloon and is under reconstruction today. The Bullfrog Goldfield Railroad operated until January 1928. During various stages of its existence, the BGRR leased its tracks to either the T&T or LV&T. Management changed hands five times during its 21 year life span. The Goldfield Consolidated Mines Railroad was built in 1908 for the express purpose of hauling ore the 1.87 miles from the mines to the new 100-stamp mill.
Goldfield Railroad Engine No. 1 and its crew September, 1905.
From left to right: William Pooley. Robert Harper, Lavey Curran, William Kendall, George Wells. Ray Favey, Harry Kendall and probably Hal Mcleod and Favey in the cab.