The Rectory building of the First Methodist Episcopal Church
The Rectory building of the First Methodist Episcopal Church built in 1912, housed Reverend J.L. Collins pastor of the church. The building, owned by Esmeralda County is currently used as a offices and a meeting place for the Goldfield Chamber of Commerce and the Goldfield Historical Society.
The building had fallen into disrepair and in the early 1980’s volunteers of the Goldfield Chamber and the Goldfield Historical Society requested funds to have it restored for the use of both organizations. Various donations and the Southern Nevada Private Industry council contributed to the restoration of the building. Local professionals, Volunteers and Students of Esmeralda County restored the building with a new roof, and installing plumbing, heat and an additional room.
Thanks to the hard work of volunteers and perseverance in both organizations the building did not succumb to the ravages of time. The building is a good example of how restoration projects can bring new life and use to small town America.
Recently, county employees and volunteers repaired and replaced the Front porch and painted the building. Listed as #47 in the Goldfield Walking Tour Booklet